I believe my purpose in life is to serve as a conduit for others to awaken to the wisdom and joy of the body.
I am a somatic alchemist. I create and facilitate embodied movement experiences that support you in having a more loving, kind, pleasurable, respectful and empowered relationship with your body. I want you to feel vital, whole, strong, flexible, mobile, stable and in harmony with your unique body.
Whether it’s through Somos Luceros, ArcanaDance™, Archetypal Choreography, Coming Home to Ourselves Yoga Practice, or Stretch and Fly, I am a masterful somatic facilitator, bringing compassion, playfulness and joy to any experience. My guidance is simple, clear and will allow you to move your body in ways that honor and align with your mental, emotional, physical and spiritual capabilities and values.
My maiden name, Lucero, means “bright star.” I am excited to move, groove and share my light with you.
Somos Luceros – We are light, embodied. Somos Luceros is a somatic dance practice designed to illuminate the wisdom of your body and enlighten your consciousness. The dance moves are simple and guided by the language of storytelling, opening new chapters in our bodies where we can see and feel our most luminous potential. Release the stories in your body that weigh you down and reclaim your light. In Spanish, Somos means “we are” and Luceros means “bringers of light” or “bright stars.” This name honors my father, my paternal indigenous ancestors in South America, my heritage, and our collective oldest ancestor, the stars. We are dancing bodies of light.
ArcanaDance™ – The tarot, embodied. If tarot cards could dance, this is what they’d look like! Created by me, ArcanaDance™ is a fusion of tarot and movement that feels like dance therapy. Arcana is defined as a secret. Dance is defined as movement to music. When fused together, ArcanaDance™ is defined as a secret that is revealed through movement.
Archetypal Choreography is comprised of bodies of work I’ve created that blend the languages of archetype with my training in the Nia technique. These Nia-inspired choreographed routines allow you to experience the essence and power of an archetype and become a pathway to understand and expand, via the language of the body, personal and universal consciousness. Note: Nia, co-created by Debbie and Carlos Rosas, is a movement and body literacy practice that combines the dance arts, martial arts, and healing arts. I completed several certifications in Nia, culminating in a First Degree Black Belt and additional specialty trainings in the Nia 5 Stages of Self-Healing, 52 Moves, and Moving to Heal.
Coming Home to Ourselves Dance-Yoga Practice brings together movement as metaphor with the expanse of yoga with the intent to guide us to deeper embodiment beyond the yoga mat. These classes include simple yoga postures in dance form, mindfulness prompts, various meditation practices, the application of mantra (in English and Sanskrit), mudras, and the weaving in of the rich and deep yoga philosophy that guides us into deeper levels of self-knowing. I am a currently (June – December 2020) a trainee in the 300-hour Honor Yoga’s Roots Yoga Teacher Training with Ignite Yoga and Wellness Institute.
Stretch and Fly, co-created by me and Liziah Richards (www.liziahtherapies.com) is a unique empowering movement practice that combines simple dance moves and yoga. Experience original choreography that blends flowing movement and dynamic stillness.
Also, see my calendar for special classes and events.
Dancing Hope, Faith, & Healing
Dates: Saturday, September 19, 2020 and Sunday, September 20, 2020
Class Time: 9:30AM PDT – 10:30AM PDT
Time Zones: 9:30AM PDT, 10:30AM MDT, 11:30AM CDT, 12:30PM EDT
Join me for Dancing Hope, Faith, & Healing.
In the tarot, the Star card represents the symbolic archetype of the guiding light. Light is a source of hope, faith and divine guidance. We often send our most desired wishes up to the stars or we look up at the stars as we speak to the ancestors of our past and hopes for the future. Inspired by the tarot card of the Star, Dancing for Hope, Faith and Healing is an embodied moving prayer for ourselves, our ancestors, the collective, and future generations.
There is what seems like an infinite distance between us and the stars in the sky. When we send up our hopes, it is faith that carries us across the distance to an ultimate place of healing. The choreography of this class guides us on a journey of personal to collective hope, of calling on faith in the moments we feel most broken, in despair, and in need, and of trusting that healing is on the horizon.
The choreography is simple and the movement prompts are designed to take you into your own personal experience so that you can claim an embodied space of hope, faith and healing within yourself.
Somos Luceros is a somatic dance practice designed to illuminate the wisdom of your body and enlighten your consciousness. The dance moves are simple and guided by the language of storytelling, opening new chapters in our bodies where we can see and feel our most luminous potential. Release the stories in your body that weigh you down and reclaim your light. In Spanish, Somos means “we are” and Luceros means “bringers of light” or “bright stars.” This name honors my father, my paternal indigenous ancestors in South America, my heritage, and our collective oldest ancestor, the stars. We are dancing bodies of light.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the class/meeting.
Pay what you can in exchange for the class experience:
- Venmo: Jennifer-Lucero-Earle or https://venmo.com/jennifer-lucero-earle
- PayPal: https://paypal.me/jenniferluceroearle
- Credit Card (Square): https://my-site-105290-108786.square.site/
- Zelle: email@example.com
What to wear and have with you:
- Have the Zoom link/meeting ID and password provided to you by Zoom (confirmation of your registration).
- Wear comfortable clothes to move in freely.
- We dance barefoot but if you need the additional support, feel free to wear flexible (and comfy!) sneakers or shoes.
- Have water nearby so that you can stay hydrated.
- Feel free to have a yoga mat, towel or chair for our last song.
- Optional: Earbuds or wireless headset. You may want to use a wireless headset/headphones – it appears to be a good way to hear the music more clearly. If not, feel free to hook up a speaker to your laptop, tablet or phone OR use the speaker in the device you are using. It’s all good! Make the choice that feels right for you.
Coming Home to Ourselves Dance-Yoga Practice
Movement, Mindfulness, Meditation, Mantra, and Mudra
Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Class Time: 4:ooPM PDT – 5:05PM PDT
Time Zones: 4:00PM PDT, 5:00PM MDT, 6:00PM CDT, 7:00PM EDT
Coming Home to Ourselves Dance-Yoga Practice is a somatic dance yoga practice that brings together movement as metaphor and the expanse of yoga with the intent to guide us to deeper embodiment beyond the yoga mat. This practice is about befriending your body and reuniting with it as a sacred beloved and noticing how your mind and body work together to create harmony in your life.
This class includes simple yoga postures in dance form (alternating fluid movement and stillness), mindfulness prompts, various meditation practices, the application of mantra, mudras, and the weaving in of the rich and deep yoga philosophy that guides us into deeper levels of self-knowing and unity of mind and body.
The focus/theme of this Tuesday’s class is cultivating harmony and balance within ourselves using yogic practices. Let us usher in the Autumn Equinox and Libra season with practices that honor balance and relational inner and outer harmony.
Wear comfortable clothes to move in. Make sure you have a yoga mat or towel. Feel free to also have a blanket or pillow to sit on for the seated portion of class.
We do not do any weight bearing poses in these classes. This practice is truly gentle and I am working towards making yoga accessible. If you would like to see a sample class, simply email me and I will share the link and password with you.
If you are new to language I have used above to describe class, here are some simple guiding definitions:
- What is movement? For this class it is body postures in motion. We will take simple yoga asanas (poses) and embody them through a dance that blends fluidity and stillness.
- What is mindfulness? A quality of focused awareness to the present moment and of our sensations that includes our body, mind, and emotions.
- What is meditation? Various experiential practices and techniques that support mindfulness and focusing our mind and body.
- What is Mantra? A sound, word or group of words (such as affirmations) that aid in mindfulness, meditation and focusing the mind and body.
- What is Mudra? Hand and body gestures that both ground and move energy in the body.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the class/meeting.
Class is just over one hour (1 hr and 10 min).
Pay what you can – Here is the info to make a payment of your choice, in exchange for the class experience:
Venmo: Jennifer-Lucero-Earle or https://venmo.com/jennifer-lucero-earle
Credit Card (Square): https://my-site-105290-108786.square.site/
Some helpful tips:
- If you are not familiar with Zoom, this webpage offers excellent instructions: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting
- Log in to Zoom a few minutes (5-10) beforehand. If you arrive late, after I start teaching, I won’t be able to grant you access to the room. When you log in, you will virtually ushered into a “waiting room.” As soon as I see that you are there, I will grant you access to enter the Zoom room where we will be dancing together. This extra time also allows us to greet each other, check in and play with the sound together 😉
- You may want to use a wireless headset – it appears to be a good way to hear the music more clearly. If not, feel free to hook up a speaker to your laptop, tablet or phone OR use the speaker in the device you are using. It’s all good!
- Find a place where you have some room to move around freely.
- When entering the Zoom meeting, put yourself on mute.
- Make Sure Your Sound and Video are ON – there’s a way to test this on your screen.
- Select “Speaker View” on the top right corner of your screen to have the image of me large and clear.
- Enjoy the class and each other <3
There will be no in person classes in the near future. I will continue to heed the guidance of the CDC and local government professionals. Let’s all do our part to flatten the curve.
Feel free to share this invitation with others!
Looking forward to dancing with you online until we can resume dancing together in person.
See special classes, workshops and retreat offerings here.
Bring a workshop or retreat to you
Invite me to customize an experience for your group, circle, organization, company or institution. I’ve facilitated custom movement experiences for sister circles, women’s groups, wellness groups, the University of Washington (UW), UW Medicine, Seattle Yoni Ki Baat (YKB), Northwest Tarot Symposium, and The Readers Studio, an international tarot conference. I can bring a Tarot, Nia, ArcanaDance™, Archetypal Choreography, or Stretch and Fly Yoga Dance class, workshop or mini-retreat to you.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.