I believe my purpose in life is to serve as a conduit for others to awaken to the wisdom and joy of the body.
I am a somatic alchemist. I create and facilitate embodied movement experiences that support you in having a more loving, kind, pleasurable, respectful and empowered relationship with your body. I want you to feel vital, whole, strong, flexible, mobile, stable and in harmony with your unique body.
Whether it’s through ArcanaDance™, Archetypal Choreography, Coming Home to Ourselves Yoga Practice, or Stretch and Fly, I am a masterful somatic facilitator, bringing compassion, playfulness and joy to any experience. My guidance is simple, clear and will allow you to move your body in ways that honor and align with your mental, emotional, physical and spiritual capabilities and values.
My maiden name, Lucero, means “bright star.” I am excited to move, groove and share my light with you.
ArcanaDance™ – The tarot, embodied. If tarot cards could dance, this is what they’d look like!
Created by me, ArcanaDance™ is a fusion of tarot and movement that feels like dance therapy. Arcana is defined as a secret. Dance is defined as movement to music. When fused together, ArcanaDance™ is defined as a secret that is revealed through movement.
Archetypal Choreography is comprised of bodies of work I’ve created that blend the languages of archetype with my training in the Nia technique. These Nia-inspired choreographed routines allow you to experience the essence and power of an archetype and become a pathway to understand and expand, via the language of the body, personal and universal consciousness. Note: Nia, co-created by Debbie and Carlos Rosas, is a movement and body literacy practice that combines the dance arts, martial arts, and healing arts. I am currently a licensed First Degree Black Belt Nia teacher and have additional training in the Nia 5 Stages of Self-Healing, MOVE IT and Moving to Heal.
Coming Home to Ourselves Yoga Practice brings together movement as metaphor with the expanse of yoga with the intent to guide us to deeper embodiment beyond the yoga mat. These classes include simple yoga postures in dance form, mindfulness prompts, various meditation practices, the application of mantra (in English and Sanskrit), mudras, and the weaving in of the rich and deep yoga philosophy that guides us into deeper levels of self-knowing. I am a currently (June – December 2020) a trainee in the 300-hour Honor Yoga’s Roots Yoga Teacher Training with Ignite Yoga and Wellness Institute.
Stretch and Fly, co-created by me and Liziah Richards (www.liziahtherapies.com) is a unique empowering movement practice that combines simple dance moves and yoga. Experience original choreography that blends flowing movement and dynamic stillness.
Also, see my calendar for special classes and events.
Move with Jennifer via Zoom Video (live)
Announcement: I am stepping back from the Nia community in September 2020. See details here. Beginning in June 2020, I will be teaching livestream (via Zoom) classes that are Nia-inspired to honor the practice of Nia, which I deeply love, while integrating my own work in archetypal embodiment and choreography. If you’ve been a student of Nia, these classes will feel familiar to you. If you are new, welcome, my classes are inclusive of all people, movement abilities and beliefs.
You can register for these online classes via the links shared below.
Rosa! Shake Your Hips to Latin Music
Celebrating my Abuela’s 102nd Birthday
Saturday, July 4, 2020
Sunday, July 5, 2020
Class time (both days): 10:30AM – 11:30AM PDT
Time zones: 10:30AM PDT | 11:30AM MDT | 12:30PM CDT | 1:30PM EDT
Register in advance for one or both classes:
Join me this holiday weekend to celebrate my abuela’s 102nd birthday. This is an encore of my specially curated playlist celebrating the independent, fiery and resilient spirit of my abuela. For my entire life she has been an embodiment of joy and strength. Even though she is now confined to a wheelchair, in my minds eye I can still see her swaying her hips and inviting the world to dance with her. Please join me in honoring her this weekend. Rosa! Shake Your Hips features latin music from a number of Nia routines and some other songs that are sure to lift your spirits.
We dance barefoot. The choreography is easy to follow. If you’ve been a student of Nia, these classes will feel familiar to you. If you are new, welcome, my classes are inclusive of all people, movement abilities and beliefs.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the class/meeting.
Pay what you can:
Here is the info to make a payment of your choice, in exchange for the class experience:
- Venmo: Jennifer-Lucero-Earle or https://venmo.com/jennifer-lucero-earle
- PayPal: https://paypal.me/jenniferluceroearle
- Credit Card (Square): https://my-site-105290-108786.square.site/
- Zelle: firstname.lastname@example.org
What to wear and have with you:
- Have the Zoom link/meeting ID and password provided to you by Zoom (confirmation of your registration).
- Wear comfortable clothes to move in freely.
- We dance barefoot but if you need the additional support, feel free to wear flexible (and comfy!) sneakers or shoes.
- Have water nearby so that you can stay hydrated.
- Feel free to have a yoga mat, towel or chair for our last song.
- Optional: Earbuds or wireless headset. You may want to use a wireless headset/headphones – it appears to be a good way to hear the music more clearly. If not, feel free to hook up a speaker to your laptop, tablet or phone OR use the speaker in the device you are using. It’s all good! Make the choice that feels right for you.
Join me for a Coming Home to Ourselves Yoga Practice:
Movement, Mindfulness, Meditation, Mantra, and Mudra
Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2020
Class Time: 4:ooPM PDT – 5:05PM PDT
Time Zones: 4:00PM PDT, 5:00PM MDT, 6:00PM CDT, 7:00PM EDT
Wear comfortable clothes to move in. Make sure you have a yoga mat or towel. Feel free to also have a blanket or pillow to sit on for the seated portion of class.
This class will introduce you to very simple yoga postures in dance form, mindfulness, meditation, mantra and mudra. The theme for the class is “coming home” to ourselves mindfully via the moving body, breath, sound, and symbol.
If you are new to language I have used above to describe class, here are some simple guiding definitions:
- What is movement? For this class it is body postures in motion. We will take simple yoga asanas (poses) and embody them through a dance that blends fluidity and stillness.
- What is mindfulness? A quality of focused awareness to the present moment and of our sensations that includes our body, mind, and emotions.
- What is meditation? Various experiential practices and techniques that support mindfulness and focusing our mind and body.
- What is Mantra? A sound, word or group of words (such as affirmations) that aid in mindfulness, meditation and focusing the mind and body.
- What is Mudra? Hand and body gestures that both ground and move energy in the body.
Class is just over one hour (1 hr and 5 min). I am a yoga teacher in training, this class is offered by donation. Know that any donation goes toward my 300 hour yoga teacher training tuition :).
Pay what you can – Here is the info to make a payment of your choice, in exchange for the class experience:
Venmo: Jennifer-Lucero-Earle or https://venmo.com/jennifer-lucero-earle
Credit Card (Square): https://my-site-105290-108786.square.site/
Some helpful tips:
- If you are not familiar with Zoom, this webpage offers excellent instructions: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting
- Log in to Zoom a few minutes (5-10) beforehand. If you arrive late, after I start teaching, I won’t be able to grant you access to the room. When you log in, you will virtually ushered into a “waiting room.” As soon as I see that you are there, I will grant you access to enter the Zoom room where we will be dancing together. This extra time also allows us to greet each other, check in and play with the sound together 😉
- You may want to use a wireless headset – it appears to be a good way to hear the music more clearly. If not, feel free to hook up a speaker to your laptop, tablet or phone OR use the speaker in the device you are using. It’s all good!
- Find a place where you have some room to move around freely.
- When entering the Zoom meeting, put yourself on mute.
- Make Sure Your Sound and Video are ON – there’s a way to test this on your screen.
- Select “Speaker View” on the top right corner of your screen to have the image of me large and clear.
- Enjoy the class and each other <3
There will be no in person classes in the near future. I will continue to heed the guidance of the CDC and local government professionals. Let’s all do our part to flatten the curve.
Feel free to share this invitation with others!
Looking forward to dancing with you online until we can resume dancing together in person.
See special classes, workshops and retreat offerings here.
Bring a workshop or retreat to you
Invite me to customize an experience for your group, circle, organization, company or institution. I’ve facilitated custom movement experiences for sister circles, women’s groups, wellness groups, the University of Washington (UW), UW Medicine, Seattle Yoni Ki Baat (YKB), Northwest Tarot Symposium, and The Readers Studio, an international tarot conference. I can bring a Tarot, Nia, ArcanaDance™, Archetypal Choreography, or Stretch and Fly Yoga Dance class, workshop or mini-retreat to you.
Contact me at email@example.com to discuss options.